Friday 10 January 2014

Blowing away the cobwebs

I know this kind of post is such a cliche at this time of year, but a combination of the New Year and the Libraries@Cambridge conference have reminded me that I've neglected my blog for far too long!

My last post was over a year ago, and so much has happened since then. Rory and I bought a house earlier in the year and we got married in October (see photographic evidence below). We also now have guinea pigs! Basically we did All The Things in one year and now will relax for the next 5 years :D


Work has also been pretty exciting. Over the summer I was involved in hiring a new member of staff, including being part of the interview panel. The Children's Literature Collection that I manage is growing very quickly, as we've acquired a donation of 150+ versions of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, and a very large donation of 7,000ish children's annuals (which promptly went into storage and will stay there until we work out where they are going to go!) Liz and I are going to be presenting two academic skills sessions in February, so I'm putting that together now. I'll hopefully blog about some of these things at some point, especially about being on an interview panel, as that was a fascinating experience.

I was lucky enough last year to get a bursary from CILIP East which enabled me to get to my first Umbrella conference, and I also went to two regional library camps. At the Libraries@Cambridge conference yesterday I live-blogged Paul-Jervis Heath's session 'Quality for Who?' on the Libraries@Cambridge blog, but I've got a bunch of other notes and I'm going to blog some of my thoughts on the rest of the conference later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment